Blog Posts by Meriah Doty
- Meriah Doty | Yahoo! Movies Oscars Blog – Fri 18 Jan, 2013 4:10 AM IST
- Meriah Doty | Yahoo! Movies Golden Globes Blog – Wed 16 Jan, 2013 5:02 AM IST
- Meriah Doty | Yahoo! Movies Golden Globes Blog – Tue 15 Jan, 2013 4:02 AM IST
- Meriah Doty | Yahoo! Movies Golden Globes Blog – Mon 14 Jan, 2013 10:31 AM IST
Cydney Bernard, left, with Jodie Foster in 1999 (Photo: Wenn Photos via Newscom/File)
As Jodie Foster accepted her Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement in film at Sunday night's Golden Globes show, she stunned the crowd with a verbose, revealing speech about both her sexuality and her desire for privacy.
In a fake-out moment, while everyone held their breath as it seemed Foster was going to officially come out of the closet, the 50-year-old actress-director proclaimed, "I'm single!" Foster later made special mention of her ex, film producer Cydney Bernard, calling her a "co-parent and ex-partner in love."
Mentioned very little in the press, here are five things to know about the woman Foster mentioned in her speech:
1) Foster met Bernard in 1992 on the set of the film "Sommersby." The two began dating seriously. Bernard was a production coordinator on the film and Foster, who appeared onscreen with Richard Gere, was the star. The two reportedly broke up in 2008.
2) The 2013 Globes is not the first venue in which Foster has paid tribute to Bernard. FosterRead More »from Who is the woman Jodie Foster mentioned in her Golden Globes speech?