So, you have found your Mr. or Ms. Right, and are all set to tie the knot. But, does the idea of an expensive and huge wedding makes you shudder? Well, then you might want to consider having a small and simple affair. A lavish wedding may seem desirable, but a day as important as this should be about your special memories with your loved ones. And, there can be more reasons behind opting for a small wedding besides money. So, here are some exciting reasons for having a small wedding, which will make you cast aside all the grandiose celebration attached to the 'big fat Indian weddings'.
1) A day for you and your loved ones: In a small wedding, you invite only those people who are close to you. As you take this new step of your life, you only wish to be surrounded by people you love the most.
2) Interact with your guests: Would not you love to spend some time interacting with the guests who have come to attend your wedding? Fewer guests mean you would have time to personally meet each of them. This would mean a lot to your guests as well. A small wedding will help you get over the awkwardness of making small talk with all those distant relatives and people whom you have never seen before.
3) Feel more relaxed: As you are surrounded only by close friends and relatives, your special day becomes a much more relaxed affair. Your wedding would feel more like a celebration than a social event for everyone’s entertainment. So, with a smaller affair, you can enjoy more while feeling relaxed.
4) Splurge in luxury: Ever thought that having a small wedding can actually allow you to splurge more. Most couples opt for small wedding not just to save on money, but to think about places where they can cut down on unnecessary expenses. So, think about a small wedding as a way to make your wedding celebrations truly luxurious.
5) Save up for an exotic honeymoon: Having a small wedding would allow you to save up for an extended honeymoon. Would it not be great to make plans for an exotic honeymoon destination? Well, all the money you save at the wedding can be used for a lavish honeymoon.
6) Get more options: Smaller wedding allows you to choose from many different venue options. Having a large wedding invariably involves the task of arranging different wedding vendors and then working out good deals with them. With a small celebration, you can have plenty of choices. At a smaller wedding, with lesser things to take care of, you can concentrate more on the preparations.
7) Customise your celebrations: A smaller wedding will also give you the option to customise the preparations according to your wishes. Did you want a revolving stage at the venue? Girls, were you pining to wear a designer lehenga at your wedding? Well, earlier your budget would not have allowed you these luxuries, but not now!
8) Think about destination wedding: Did you ever dream about having a destination wedding? Well, smaller celebrations will certainly give you that luxury. So, pack your bags, book your flight, and just let a beautiful exotic destination provide a lovely backdrop for your wedding album.
9) Make some personal memories: Most couples complain that they did not get time to enjoy on their D-day. In the sea of hundreds it becomes easy to feel lost, even when you are the bride and the groom. At a small wedding, the 'lucky couple' feels relaxed in the company of their loved ones. So, share some beautiful and close moments of eye-contact and sly smiles.
10) A memorable affair: In the end, it will be a wedding that your guests will always remember. Anyone can have an expensive wedding, and can then get upstaged by any succeeding one. But, your smaller affair will always be etched in the minds and hearts of your guests. Your small wedding will never be about the things that were missing, but rather about the moments that were shared.
So, don’t you feel an intimate wedding with smaller preparations might be the best way to enter into a new phase of your life? Being surrounded by friends and family, would definitely make your D-day even more special and memorable!
Image Courtesy: Anshum M Photography