By Enkayaar, Glamsham EditorialWhile there is a buzz in the industry that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan could be making her comeback with Shah Rukh Khan, for her to give a sense of longevity to the second innings it would be more prudent for her to try and make her comeback with Salman Khan. Preposterous as it may sound as a premise, as a matter of fact for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to make a comeback in the world of Hindi cinema post-motherhood, by appearing together in a film with Salman Khan could be the most commercially successful proposition. Now that the premise has been put forward, the arguments to substantiate the premise would also be elaborated.
1. Presently in terms of the chemistry with the box office is concerned, it is Salman Khan who is ruling it, and after having re-invented himself through WANTED and DABANNG saga any actor or actress who works opposite Salman Khan is bound to bask in the reflected glory. Were it not for the fact then a Kareena Kapoor, who otherwise has had such a good standing in the film industry, would not have agreed to do an item song, which has been panned by the critics, but she wanted to be in a film of Salman Khan. Underlining fact is that Kareena has had a very successful chemistry with Aamir in 3 IDIOTS and she need not have done the item song in a Salman film, but it is the market dynamics that could have been the deciding factor.
2. There has been a thaw in the relationship between the Bachchans and Salman Khan manifest from the fact that a party in B town Abhishek Bachchan and Salman had exchanged pleasantries and is a pointer that the rancor of the past is slowly diminishing. After all, in the world of cinema, or for that matter, anywhere relationships do not exist in vacuum, but they are tempered with reality.
3. Aamir Khan is in his own trajectory and for him the heroines do not matter and Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan have not acted together for quite a long time and Shah Rukh Khan is also on a different trajectory.
4. Though a film of Ash has been announced with Rajnikanth, it still is to take off.
5. A film where Aishwarya Rai Bachchan could act on her own to make her comeback does not seem to be a viable commercial proposition, unless the home banner of Bachchans decides to produce it, and the lukewarm reception to the comeback film of Madhuri Dixit AAJA NACHLE is a pointer to the fact. One could argue that a Sridevi made a comeback with ENGLISH VINGLISH and was super successful, but the moot point is, Sridevi consciously reinvented herself and shed the image of glamorous Diva that she was known to be, would Ash be able to do it? Not likely.
6. If Ash works with Salman Khan in a comeback film, she would ensure that her outreach expands as the trajectory that Salman Khan is in presently is characterized by preponderance of being associated with the common man of the country. He is portraying characters of small cities, and it is one of the primary reasons for his phenomenal success.
But for this to happen, somebody has to step forward to announce this casting, as it indeed would be a coup, and would be lapped up by the distributors as soon as it is announced. Let's keep our fingers crossed.