Washington, May 13 (ANI): 'Iron Man 3' still remains the king of the U.S box office, despite the release of 'The Great Gatsby'.
The film attained another height by grossing 72.5 million dollars in its second week of release, E! Online reported.
The blockbuster, featuring Robert Downey earned a whooping 175.3 million dollars to score the second highest-grossing opening weekend in U.S. history last week.
The film has now banked a total of 949 million dollars worldwide.
The Great Gatsby that stars Leonardo DiCaprio could only grab the second place with a earning of 51.2 million dollars in its debut weekend exceeding the expectations of 40 million dollars.
Meanwhile, 'Pain 'n' Gain' got the third spot with an earning of 5 million dollars and 'Tyler Perry Presents Peeples', which stars Kerry Washington and Craig Robinson, had an opening less than expected and was able to fetch only 4.9 million dollars.
Top 10 movies of the weekend are -
1. Iron Man 3: 72.5 million dollars
2. The Great Gatsby: 51 million dollars
3. Pain and Gain: 5 million dollars
4. Tyler Perry Presents Peeples: 4.9million dollars
5. 42: 4.7 million dollars
6. Oblivion: 3.9 million dollars
7. The Croods: 3.6 million dollars
8. The Big Wedding: 2.5 million dollars
9. Mud: 2.3 million dollars
10 Oz the Great and Powerful: 802:000 dollars (ANI)