Song from ‘Agent Vinod’ lands Pritam in trouble. Iranian band sends legal notice to the makers
‘Pyaar Ki Pungi’ from ‘Agent Vinod’ is making waves and not just across the charts. The song has landed the music director of the film in trouble after an Iranian underground music band has sent a legal notice to the makers of ‘Agent Vinod’ for copying one of their songs.
The music of the song is very similar to ‘Soosan khanoom’ by Iranian band called Barobax. According to the band, the beats and music of the ‘Agent Vinod’ song is very similar to the Irani song.
The legal notice served states that the band came across the promotions of the movie 'Agent Vinod' on satellite television in Iran and on listening to the song, they realised that the initial portion of the song is lifted without any change from the title song of their album. They have also demanded that the makers of ‘Agent Vinod’ refrain from using the song in the film and they will initiate proceedings to seek a restraining order if they fail to do so.
Watch: Making of ‘Rasputin’
This is not the first time Pritam has landed in trouble. Here’s a list of songs copied by the music director in the past:
- 'Dhoom Machale Dhoom' (Dhoom) is a fusion of two songs Jesse Cook’s ‘Mario takes a walk’ and Egyptian singer Amr Diab’s Enta Ma Oltesh Leh
- 'Halka Halka Sa Ye Nasha' (Chocolate) is from Jesse Cook’s ‘Breeze from Saintes Maries
- 'Dil Samundar' (Garam Masala) has been taken from Turkish singer Tarkan’s ‘Kuzu kuzu’
- 'Ada Jaanlewa Ada' (Garam masala) is from Amr Diab’s ‘Ana’
- 'Joshilay Jawan Ho' (Fight Club) was taken from Egyptian singer Ihab (Ehab) Tawfik’s ‘Allah alek ya siedi’
- 'Bheegi Bheegi' (Gangster) is from Mohiner Ghoraguli’s ‘Prithibi’
- 'Lamha Lamha' (Gangster) was taken from Waris Baig’s ‘Kal shab dekha maine’
- 'Tu Hi Meri Shab Hai Subah Hai' (Gangster) is from Oliver Shanti & Friends ‘Sacral Nirvana’
- 'Ya Ali' (Gangster) was inspired from Guitara’s ‘Ya Ghaly’
- 'Kya Mujhe Pyar Hai' (Wo Lamhe) was inspired from Indonesian band Peterpan’s ‘Tak bisakah’
- 'Chal Chale' (Wo Lamhe) is taken from band ‘The Seekers’s ‘A World of our own’
- 'In Dino' (Metro) is from Waqar Ali’s ‘Mera Naam Hai Mohobbat’
- 'Oh Meri Jaan' (Metro) was isnpired from Amr Diab’s ‘Ba’ed El Layali’
- 'Dil Mein Baje Guitar' (Apna Sapna Money Money) was lifted from Middle Eastern group, Miami Band’s ‘Sheloha Shela’
- 'Hai Junoon' (New York) was inspired from Indonesian band Samsons' song, 'Naluri Lelaki'
Check out Pritam's latest copy:
For more on Agent Vinod