2nd inquest confirms Amy Winehouse drank herself to death

ANI
9 January 2013

London, Jan. 9 (ANI): Singer Amy Winehouse died after drinking too much alcohol, a second enquiry has confirmed.

Dr Shirley Radcliffe, St Pancras Coroner, recorded a verdict of misadventure, identical to the original examination in October 2011. The hearing also heard the same evidence as in the first probe.

The hearing was told that the singer was more than five times the legal drink-drive limit when she died, having 416mg of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood in her system and the legal limit being 80mg.

Radcliffe said that Winehouse died from "alcohol toxicity," adding that it was a level of alcohol that was commonly associated with fatality, the BBC reported.

She said that Winehouse had voluntarily consumed the alcohol and two empty vodka bottles had been found on the floor beside her bed when her body was discovered.

The move to hold another inquest came after an enquiry found that deputy coroner Suzanne Greenaway, who oversaw the first inquest, lacked the relevant experience.

Other inquests that were conducted by Greenaway have also been reheard. (ANI)

What to read next

VA Mortgage Rates In 2016

VA Rates as Low as 3.25% (3.405% APR) 30 Year Fixed. Exclusive For Veteran & Military Takes 1 Min!

Drivers With No Tickets In 3 Years Must Read This

United States drivers are surprised that they never knew this. If you drive less than 50 miles per day you better read this...

Medicare Supplement Plans For Those Aged 65 And Up

New rates for Medicare supplement plans have arrived. Click here for a free price quote and learn how to improve your current coverage plan.

Get This Once-In-A-Lifetime Deal Before It's Gone!

Get 4 Disney Movies For $1 With Membership. See Details. Exclusive Titles, Merchandise, Offers & Discounts. Plus, Free Shipping On Your Initial Order!