Ashley Greene's dog dies in house fire

ANI
23 March 2013

Washington, March 23(ANI): Ashley Greene's West Hollywood apartment - that had previously been home to celebs like Mickey Rourke and Rock Hudson - was destroyed in a fire on Friday and claimed the life of one of her dogs.

A firefighter told TMZ.com that the 26-year-old actress, her boyfriend and her brother were out late last night and were sleeping when the fire broke due to a candle on a couch in the living room.

They ran out of the apartment, but realized that the dogs were still there.

The two men tried to get back inside to rescue them but were unable to do so.

According to the New York Daily News, by the time the firefighters were able to get the fire under control, they could only save one of the two animals, and found the other dead in a hiding spot under Greene's bed.

The 'Twilight' actress reportedly wanted to keep the dog that died, so firefighters wrapped it in a sheet and gave it to them. (ANI)

What to read next

Get This Once-In-A-Lifetime Deal Before It's Gone!

Get 4 Disney Movies For $1 With Membership. See Details. Exclusive Titles, Merchandise, Offers & Discounts. Plus, Free Shipping On Your Initial Order!

15 Cancer Causing Foods You Probably Eat Every Day

Do you eat any of these cancer causing foods? Number 12 will surprise you. Check out the list now.

Hilton HHonors™ Card

Get 75,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points! Terms Apply. Offer ends 5/4

Single and over 45?

There are thousands of singles online now! Find your next date here. Click to browse profiles and pics for free!

Veterans Can Get Great Rates With A Refinance

You could save big by reducing your rate with a VA home refinance. Compare quotes and take advantage of your benefits!