Cory Monteith died from an overdose of alcohol and heroin

ANI
17 July 2013

London, July 17 (ANI): An overdose of alcohol and heroin was responsible for Cory Monteith's death, the British Columbia Coroners Service has confirmed.

A statement released on Tuesday read that an autopsy and toxicological testing found that the 'Glee' star's death resulted from a mixed drug toxicity, which involved heroin and alcohol, the Mirror reported.

The statement further read that no evidence was found to suggest that the actor's death was anything other than a tragic accident. (ANI)

What to read next

Kick off summer with big savings at Levi's®

Get 30% off sitewide this weekend only. Use Code: MEMDAY at checkout. Shop this deal exclusively at Levi.com today.

She's With Us, That's Why #ImWithHer.

Hillary is fighting for all Ameircans. Join her campaign today if you have her back.

Why Women Are Flocking to This New Shopping Site

This startup features big names like Coach, SmashBox, and Kate Spade - and unlike Amazon, Gilt or HauteLook it's fast, fun and really exciting.

You'll Love This Disney Movie Club Offer!

Get 4 Disney Movies For $1 With Membership. See Details. Exclusive Titles, Merchandise, Offers & Discounts. Plus, Free Shipping On Your Initial Order!

Final touch on your dream home? Amica Insurance.

Love your insurance as much as you love your home. Switch and save today by combining Auto + Home for up to a 15% discount. Click for a free quote.

Veterans Can Get Great Rates With A Refinance

You could save big by reducing your rate with a VA home refinance. Compare quotes and take advantage of your benefits!