The Indian bride has come a long way from getting ready for her big day with the help of a few friends and family. Today, she travels across the globe and searches for the latest trends in fashion and beauty. She knows what she wants, and she won’t settle for anything but the best. Salons everywhere have happily obliged her demands by creating elaborate pre-bridal packages that can start from a few months before the wedding to just a few days for a time-strapped bride.
And, as you prepare to don your bridal attire with elegance and confidence, here are a few tips regarding your pre-bridal package essentials that will help you to get a flawless and radiant looking skin. Take a look at the things you need to keep in mind while selecting your pre-bridal package.
Pamper your body
On your wedding day, everything about you will be under the scrutiny of your guests. Just as you will be taking care of selecting your bridal wear, your makeup artist, your mehendi design, it is important to take care of your body as well.
- Regular exfoliation and body polishing treatments help to scrub the dead skin off your body. This will make the skin look young and feel soft.
- Get a body pack a few days before the wedding to add a nice sheen to your skin. Milk bleach is recommended for body and face. It helps to even out the skin tone and nourishes the skin.
- A deep massage with aromatic oils is always recommended post the scrub as it will absorb the oil much better. A weekly session of massage combined with aromatherapy lends a nice fragrance to your body. It will also help soothe your mind and body, giving you some moments of calm in all the preparation chaos that usually surrounds Indian weddings!
- Body wax is always available with all packages and you should get it done 2-3 days before the wedding.
- You can also go for a bikini wax, which is a neater and more hygienic option than shaving or hair removal creams.
- Today, there are different types of waxes available in the markets that are more effective. Chocolate wax is one of the best options. Not only does it remove hair more efficiently, but it also makes you feel and smell nice. Chocolate wax also leaves your skin feeling smoother.
Never get body wax, body scrub and bleach on the same day. Always have a gap of at least one day between each of these treatments.
Shower attention to hands and feet
Your hand and feet get a lot of attention during various ceremonies like the engagement and mehendi. So, make sure that they are ready for all the attention.
- Regular manicures and pedicures at a gap of 15 days will help to keep your nails clean and your skin soft. Indulging in these small treatments regularly will keep you relaxed and happy as your wedding day approaches.
- Those who have extremely chapped skin on their hand and feet should get an additional paraffin wax pack applied to smooth out the skin in these areas.
- For the nails, nail art has come up in a big way in the last few years. You can add various designs on your nails that will enhance all your outfits during various ceremonies. You can also opt for things like nail extensions or permanent nail art.
- Don't fret if your nails chip off, through nail culture you can get broken nails fixed and you can maintain the desired length. Get two coats of your favourite nail paint 2-3 days before the wedding day and you are all set!
A queen for the day, a bride is the centre of attention, the cynosure of all eyes. Her beauty is admired by everyone around and especially by the groom who can barely keep his eyes off her. It's an occasion worthy of all the time and attention that is devoted on making the bride look her best. So, allow your face, body and hair to indulge in the fun of pre-bridal sessions with our tips in mind.