Jessica Simpson sued over OK! Magazine baby picture conspiracy

New York, June 9 (ANI): A Louisiana couple has accused Jessica Simpson for allegedly posing with their baby and allowing it to pass off as her own on the cover of the April 16, 2012 edition of OK! Magazine.

According to documents obtained by The Times-Picayune, one of the parents, Christopher Hurst, was standing in line with his teenage daughter so that she could get an autograph from the 32-year-old singer, the New York Daily News reported.

Hurst alleges that on the suggestion of two people in queue, he allowed the mum-of-one to take a snap with his infant son, Christopher.

The lawsuit claims that when Hurst handed the baby to Simpson, at least one previously unseen photographer dashed towards the front of the line and began clicking images of the child with the 'Fashion Star' mentor.

The suit also asserted that the photographer did not reveal his identity or asked for Hurt's permission to take or disseminate any photographs of their kid.

Hurst insists that he was completely taken aback when a photo of Simpson posing with their son appeared on the magazine, along with a story about Simpson's first few months of motherhood.

The suit said that another tabloid had apparently paid Simpson 800,000 dollars for the rights to the first picture of her actual daughter, Maxwell.

Michael North, Hurst's attorney, wrote that in this case the publication paid his client nothing, despite clear intention to mislead some or all of the consuming public into believing that the photograph on the cover of the subject issue was actually Simpson's first child. (ANI)

--

Did you know that you can get stories like this on the Yahoo mail app?
Download it here.

Yahoo Cricket

Latest News

  • Fiancée chronicles love, life with man who died of Ebola in Texas

    By Lisa Maria Garza DALLAS (Reuters) - Thomas Eric Duncan became the face of a crisis when he was diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, but he was simply "Eric" to his fiancee, Louise Troh, who said she has endured threats and battled nightmares since his death in October. "It's hard to concentrate on anything else." Duncan became ill shortly after arriving in Dallas at the height of an Ebola outbreak in West Africa. He became the first person to be diagnosed with Ebola in the United …

  • 'An American in Paris,' 'Fun Home' lead Broadway's Tony nominations
    'An American in Paris,' 'Fun Home' lead Broadway's Tony nominations

    By Patricia Reaney NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two new musicals, "An American in Paris," a romance based on the Oscar-winning film, and the lesbian coming-out story "Fun Home" led the Tony nominations, theatre's highest honors, on Tuesday with 12 nods each. Both shows earned nominations for the top prize, best musical. "An American in Paris" also scored nominations for leads Robert Fairchild and Leanne Cope, as did Michael Cerveris and Beth Malone for their leading roles in "Fun Home. ... …

  • A decade old, Xinjiang film shows changes in restive Chinese region

    Ju Anqi's low-budget film "Poet on a Business Trip" took just one main actor, one camera and 40 days on the road in China’s remote western Xinjiang region to make back in 2002. …

  • Nominees for Broadway's Tony Awards

    NEW YORK (Reuters) - Following is a list of nominees in major categories for Broadway's annual Tony awards, which will be handed out at Radio City Music Hall on June 7: Best musical: "An American in Paris" "Fun Home" "Something Rotten!" "The Visit" Best play: "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time," Simon Stephens "Disgraced," Ayad Akhtar "Hand to God," Robert Askins "Wolf Hall Parts One & Two," Hilary Mantel and Mike Poulton Best revival of a musical: "The King and I" "On the Town" …

  • Sam Smith cancels Australia tour due to vocal chord haemorrhage
    Sam Smith cancels Australia tour due to vocal chord haemorrhage

    British singer Sam Smith said on Tuesday he has cancelled the remainder of his Australian tour due to a haemorrhage on his vocal chords. Apologising to his fans, the Grammy Award winner said the decision was taken on doctor's orders. "I am deeply, deeply saddened to tell my Australian fans, I have to cancel my Australian tour," the singer said in a statement. "I have been vocally exhausted for a while now however last night in Sydney I had a small haemorrhage on my vocal chords. …

  • Katrina Kaif not 100% sure about marrying Ranbir Kapoor?
    Katrina Kaif not 100% sure about marrying Ranbir Kapoor?

    While Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif havent acknowledged their alleged relationship yet, there have been many …

  • Karan Johar admits he has no friends in Bollywood at BOMBAY VELVET trailer launch
    Karan Johar admits he has no friends in Bollywood at BOMBAY VELVET trailer launch

    You find it difficult to believe it when someone as successful as him says it. He has done it before pointing to a stark …

  • Ranbir Kapoor: Yes, I am in love
    Ranbir Kapoor: Yes, I am in love

    There is no denying the fact that most of us are interested in knowing about celebrity weddings. …

Loading...