Winter symbolises sizzling fires, piping hot food and a pleasant weather and this makes winter the perfect season to have your wedding. But your wedding can be incomplete if you don’t take some inspiration from this lovely season and add a wintery touch to your makeup as well. So, here are some interesting winter makeup ideas for all you lovely brides-to-be.
Red is the traditional Indian wedding colour, so how can it be missed when it comes to the bridal makeup. Brides with a fair complexion can go for cherry red lips and flushed cheeks. The idea behind flushed cheeks is to make the bride look as natural as possible and it is not always necessary to use makeup for this look. Apart from pinching your cheeks, you can use natural remedies to get a natural red blush, like rubbing a little beetroot or pomegranate juice. Peach blush also looks good on brides with a fair complexion.
Go for pink
Red maybe the traditional wedding colour but modern brides don’t really mind experimenting. So this winter, go the pink way. Baby pink lips, a rose blush and ethereal silver eyeshadow can make a bride look stunning. Silver eyeshadow in particular can make your eyes look beautiful and stunning, which will give you a ‘naughty and nice’ look. But, just be careful when you choose the shades. Baby pink and pearly silver look good on brides with light skin tones, whereas those with darker complexions should opt for denser hues like fuchsia and metallic silver.
Winter is a season filled with earthy colours. Bronze overtones with a dash of gold look fabulous on brides with wheatish complexion. If you don’t mind trying out a different look, you can combine brown and pink hues to create smokey eyes with a twist. You can then paint your lips with a beautiful prim rose colour and make them look absolutely gorgeous. Orange lips look great too, but use it only if you think you can carry off this bold look with élan. A mix of matte beige and brown topped with sheer lip gloss can make you look really delectable.
The Angel look
If you have shades of white or blue in your bridal outfit then you can go for the angelic look. Pick up blue, white and silver shades to create a dramatic look for your eyes. Keep your lips natural and dab them with a sheer lip gloss or if you wish, you can opt for shimmery berry shade as well.
Makeup tips every bride should know:
- Always choose the right shade of foundation for your face, which would give you a flawless and patchless base for your makeup.
- Pat some translucent powder on your face after the makeup is done. This would not only keep the makeup in place but would also stop dryness from creeping in.
- Don’t go for dark eyeshadows for your wedding. It is a party look and it belongs to wild parties only.
- Don’t apply shimmery foundation on your face as it will make your face look wet in the wedding pictures.
- Always try out your look a month in advance. Click a few photos and see. If you think that a particular shade of lipstick is looking weird on you then it probably is, so convey this to your makeup artist.
- Don’t follow fashion trends blindly. Go for only those colours which suit your complexion.
- Waterproof make up is a must. A wedding is an emotional time and you will not want your make up to mess up your face on D-day.
Take care of your skin and let it glow naturally. Minimise makeup if you have naturally flawless skin. Hydrate your skin with a good moisturiser before you apply makeup.