Nigella Lawson wants fresh start in America to leave problems behind

London, July 13 (ANI): Nigella Lawson has revealed to her pals that she will be moving to the US after she is done shooting the next series of her American cookery programme.

The TV chef, 53, had left her marital home after horrifying images, of her being choked by her billionaire husband Charles Saatchi in a restaurant emerged in the media, the Mirror reported.

The mum-of-two is planning to settle in the US if the next series of cookery competition 'The Taste' makes her popular in America.

The brunette, who is an executive producer of the series, will begin filming in September and be present in the US from August to November.

A close pal of Lawson said that there's a lot riding on this series for the star.

The insider asserted that Lawson is hoping that it could be a whole new start for her life and she's prepared to make the move permanent if it works out.

The source said that America is the biggest market in the world for what she does and somebody as talented as Lawson has every chance of being a success.

The pal added that after an incredibly difficult few months Lawson is desperate for space and a clean slate. (ANI)

Latest News

  • Ensure compliance to green laws, not environmental clearances: Ramesh

    New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) Notwithstanding India's need for "smart" environmental regulation, the government is working against the nation's interest by wrecking the very edifice of green laws, former environment minister Jairam Ramesh said on Friday. "India needs smart environmental regulations that are transparently enforced. Earlier, speaking at a panel discussion on his book "Green Signals: Ecology, Growth, And Democracy in India", he said: "We are endangering the ecological security in …

  • AIFW: When stylists, designers turned models for 11.11/eleven.eleven

    New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) It was a show unique in its own way as some of the known stylists, designers and editors of fashion magazines turned models for brand 11.11/eleven.eleven at the ongoing Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW). Designer Shani Himanshu and Mia Morikawa feel that they cater to the common man and hence this different presentation. Some of the faces who walked for them were Lauren Massoulier, Rashmi Kaleka, Elton Fernandez, Rakesh Thakore, Divya Singh, Asit Bhat, Jeet Thayil, …

  • Ekta Kapoor changes show title for 'spiritual reasons'

    Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) TV tsarina Ekta Kapoor is said to have added the tagline "Yeh Kaisa Anurodh" to the title of her soap opera "Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar" due to spiritual and numerological reasons. According to a source, Ekta visited Amritsar earlier this month to seek blessings in the city of the Golden Temple, and when she came back, she decided to add "Yeh Kaisa Anurodh" to the Sony Entertainment Television show. The tagline is also said to be added keeping in mind the upcoming track …

  • 'Smart' audience will reject anything that is dumb: Shonali Bose

    By Kirti Arora New Delhi, Mar. 27 (ANI): Filmmaker Shonali Bose is all set for the release of her upcoming film 'Margarita With A Straw' starring Kalki Koechlin. The film, which would be released on April 17, is inspired from the filmmaker's younger cousin Malini, who has cerebral palsy. Talking about the idea behind the film, Shonali says, "On Malini's 40th birthday, I asked her what she wanted. The filmmaker while sharing her personal experience of working with Kalki says that the actress …

  • Yesudas lends his voice for 'Barefoot To Goa'

    Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) Praveen Morchhale, who is gearing up with his debut venture "Barefoot To Goa", says he managed to rope in legendary singer K.J. Yesudas, to sing a song in his film. Morchhale told IANS: "Yesudas is very choosy. Then we went to Chennai to record the song with him." While Yesudas is known to have recorded as many as 16 songs in a day, for the song "Naina do nyare" in "Barefoot To Goa", the singer took nearly four hours to record as he wanted it to turn out perfect. …

  • Court rejects Salman's plea to ban media during recording of statement

    Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Salman Khan moved an application to ban the media during the recording of his statement in a 2002 hit-and-run case in a sessions court here on Friday but it was rejected. Judge D.W. Deshpande rejected the plea but directed the media to report only after the recording of Salman's entire statement is completed. Earlier, Salman reached the Mumbai Sessions Court at 11 a.m. to record his statement on the sequence of events pertaining to the case, which …

  • Abhay Deol finds it tough to pick 'original' films

    Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) Actor Abhay Deol says he is choosy about his films and tries to pick original and out-of-the box scripts. "I have always been choosy and try to do stuff which is original and out of (unique from) regular formula films," the actor said here on Thursday at a dance show. …

  • Rimi Dhar debuts as music director for 'Gun Pe Done'

    Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) Filmmaker Abhik Bhanu has roped in debutante music director Rimi Dhar for his film "Gun Pe Done", and he says he knows he has taken a risk. "The film's music is very peppy, edgy and soulful, just like the movie and upcoming music director Rimi Dhar. Dhar says her tunes are adept with the 'Bollywood masala'. "Director Abhik Bhanu has a dynamic quality of narrating the story and scenes really well, which helped us in the songs too. …

Loading...